I'm not one of those people who would ever dress like a sloot for Halloween. Nor am I one of those people who are going to drone on and on about how annoying it is that (nearly) all girls dress like sloots for Halloween. Mostly because girls nowadays, are sloots all year 'round, so I am personally not shocked when I see some sloot with low self esteem dress like an even bigger sloot for Halloween. Yes, most girls have low self esteem too, but that's another blog, another day. I mean, if you think it's a good idea to dress as a sexy crayon in public, than that's on you. I think a crayon as a Halloween costume is pretty ridic, sexy or not. And, dressing like a sloot is way better than not dressing up at all.
Primarily, I am just saddened by the lack of creativity on Halloween. And not just by the sloots. Parents dress their kids up in the most ordinary, store bought costumes. Even the parents who let their kids choose, don't intervene often enough to jazz up the costume, or remind the kid they can dress up as anything, do they really want to be Spider Man or a princess with the eleventy billion other boring children? And I'm not blaming the small person, they smell like bologna and ketchup, how are they to know they could be something creative or original when they have lazy dud parents? And God forbid a parent encourages their daughter to be something that isn't cute and girly. Those princesses and brides from childhood, grow up to be the French maid sloots. I am as girly as they come--364 days a year. Halloween you are supposed to dress up like something else.
But creativity is a lost art. Today people consider themselves creative based on what they've pinned on that gd Pintrest. People don't invent their own ideas anymore, they copy others. Unless you are designing an over the top fairy tell mansion, or planning a very detailed wedding, most people are too shy to truly label themselves, "creative." More often you (me) gets labeled, "weird." Which a person that is truly creative embraces because "weird" is the opposite of "normal," and that's the last thing I want to be. From normal it's downhill to regular, average, simple, plain, boring!
But real creativity is so much more than an original Halloween costume. It's an everyday way of life that allows a person to always look at the alternative. A second way of doing things. A new perspective. The invention of something original.
And to me, the best part of creativity, is that it breeds even more creativity. Despite the fact I believe I am perfect in almost every way, I am inspired when creativity is ignited in someone else. Especially when they were unaware they had it in them. It's a form of self expression, and when shared, it can be quite empowering.
So the moral of the story is this, you're boring, and I have legs.
No comments:
Post a Comment