Monday, November 5, 2012

Politics and shit

It  would seem ignorant not to make some sort of post about the coming Presidential election. As you know, despite the fact I am quite attractive, I do have a mind. A pretty intelligent mind with many opinions that would surprise many who are just shown my darling picture, and have never had the opportunity to know me for a couple of years, (which is the length of time it typically takes me to warm up and acknowledge your presence.)
Anywhosies, yes, I know what's going on in this world--I might not enjoy talking about it every second of the day, because that's boring, nor am I making homemade signs in my basement like a psycho--but I am aware.
I also went to the most conservative college in the universe-- Hillsdale College. Google that shit if you are unfamiliar. I chose it because of the glamorous accommodations, and the fact that the only two adults who gave two licks about my existence, were both mean Republicans. That would be my fat dad, and a distant Aunt that sent me Ann Coulter books as coming of age gifts. And who wouldn't?  As a young adult you assume that your elders are wise and want nothing more than to guide you towards success. I mean, that's not what I thought, after all fat dad owned a pizza joint, toted his small children around in a white corvette and wore a members only jacket. My Auntie lived in DC, wore fake hair to "lessen her attractiveness in an effort to prevent muggings and rape," and locked me in a room with the Wall Street Journal when I came to visit. Obviously I knew these two, all though meaning well, were not the two to emulate. And I knew this at birth. As stated before, I chose my mean republican college because of the maids and lush carpeting.
So to make a long story into a medium length one, I have been schooled on politics, from a young age. And even though I will be paying that bitch Sallie Mae until I am 66 years old, I don't totally regret choosing my incredibly conservative Grecco Roman Judeo Christian education. It has allowed me to make an educated choice when it comes to my opinions and beliefs, specifically on politics (and religion, but that's another blog, another day). And it has gotten me my esteemed job at the mall. And I jest. No matter what you believe, I think it's important to learn all sides, all views. And lucky for me, I not only grew up to realize overalls and Keds do not a cute outfit make, no matter how many Kappa Kappa Gammas are wearing them, I learned that being a mean Baptist Republican is the furthest down on my list of, "yes, that makes sense to me." One notch below, Santy Claus and the Easter bunny really existing.  And I know, I know, you think Obama wants everyone on welfare, poor people are lazy and should be thrown into the sea, you hate abortion, love guns, and hate the gays because Jesus said so. I could go into the details on my political choices, but I will some it up by simply saying I believe in giving when you have more than you need, equality and rights for all, and the idea of the greater good, for the greater number. I also despise a simple solution for a complex problem, and don't want to ever be so far up my own ass, that I don't know how others live. Because my world is pretty privileged... and I am also pretty.
The moral of the story is this: believe whatever you want, but try not to judge people who wear red shoes on a Thursday.


No comments:

Post a Comment