Thursday, July 3, 2014

Sports

Sports. Everybody wants me to write a blog about how much I hate sports. But I don't hate sports. I just don't totally love them. Mostly because I don't understand the following things:
1. The costumes. I don't like dressing like everyone else. And sport colors are always horrid.
2. Sports take too long. I don't like doing anything for 4 hours. 
3. The constant yelling. It is perfectly normal to loudly hum, and turn that into a raucous chant 49 times a game.
4. The extreme emotions. This is either extreme anger if they lose, or a play goes wrong, or extreme happiness if they win or score. I don't feel either of these emotions for anything, so I am curious how this works. Is it real?
5. Why are sports only for men? I mean I know women sport teams exist, but no one cares. I mean, I don't either, but still it seems old fashioned. I guess I sorta liked those girl gymnasts when I was a kid…despite the fact they all had mushroom haircuts and no boobs.
6. The scoring. Sometimes there are lots of scores (basketball) and I don't believe a true winner has been determined. Or sometimes there is hardly any scores, and I still think a true winner cannot be determined.
7. Sports casters. They are always old men with leathery faces and dry brittle hair.
8. Coaches. How do they stay so interested and invested?

No comments:

Post a Comment