Thursday, July 3, 2014

Men aren't always stupid. Just sometimes.

I hate when people use the generalization or stereo type that men are stupid. I mean, a lot of them are--but a lot of women are dumb assholes too.
I have two examples that occurred this week that illustrate that it is normal for people to think men are ra-tards, and also accept it. Big shocker, both took place  at work, aka a breeding ground for strong idiotic opinions based on the simple life experience of a bunch of rubes.  Example number one: a co-worker was telling a long drawn out story with too many personal details (unfortunately none were interesting) about her nebbish husband NEVER talking about his feelings. This was completely accepted chucked up to, the is a man, not a woman who cries and talks too much." First of all, she made it very clear that he NEVER spoke about his feelings. As in, NEVER. As is in no feelings, on no topics, as in he is clearly a social ra-tard, and if this is truly the case he shouldn't get "man" free card, he should probably get some serious counselling, and I don't know, maybe be put to sleep like an old family dog. Also, I am a (stunningly gorgeous) woman and I hardly sit around all the time telling personal tidbits to anyone who will listen while hysterically sobbing.
Example two: in regards to selling and increasing business, a man boss gave the advice to "just go ahead and really sell to men. They are so stupid. They come into the store with their heads hung--they don't even know why they are there." In many cases men are easy to sell to. But not always because they are stupid, but because they often don't want a lot of details, and usually come to the mall for something specific. I have not come across many men that come to the mall in a depressed stupor with amnesia of why they even exist. Except maybe that homeless looking man that wears a backpack and sprays Chanel No. 5 in down his pants.
And to disprove "all men are stupid and that's ok" I will use my own real life example. My. Feller.  He is a better dresser than I am. He not only picks out and shops for his own clothing, he also washes, dry cleans, or irons properly. He also puts away his clothing in an organized fashion. He does not pair an old jersey with sweat pants and call it a day. In fact, that's more of the outfit I'd wear.
He also is a better cook than I am, and I can hold my own. He eats vegetables, can bake from scratch, and doesn't just grill a giant piece of meat and serve it with a side dish of SunChips. My dad does that, and not because he is a stupid man, just because he is a simple and lazy human being.
My feller shops for gifts for his family and friends, sends cards to his Grandma, and never forgets to write a thank-you. This may make him a rare bird, but this includes man and women! And why shouldn't we view this as more normal, than a man (or woman) who is a piece of shit but gets away with it because apparently manners and attention to even miner details is womanly
In conclusion, men aren't stupid because they are men, and the ones that are worthless hunks of junk, shouldn't get away with asshole ways of life. And most importantly, Brandon, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment