Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I'm busy.

I'm not too busy for facials and crime shows.
Wow, you must be pretty pulverized that I haven't updated in awhile. You probably thought I quit my blog. Well, this isn't the clarinet, or volleyball or a relationship. You don't just throw in the towel because you're bored and too pretty--oh no. I have just been a little" busy." Usually I get annoyed when people talk about how busy they are, because most people are. In fact, everyone in my life, except maybe my diva misfits who stand around doing nothing all ding blasted day, are quite busy. But that's another blog, another day.  More often than not we exaggerate how busy we are to sound superior or get out of doing things we don't want to do. Like attend  baby showers or my dad's wedding. Things we really want to do, we make time for no matter how busy or tired we are. For example, this time a year I get one day off a week (Wednesdays if you are nosy) and I typically work one of two shifts, either 8am-6pm or 2pm-10pm. If you factor in my drive time, and time it takes to close the store, I work either a 7am-7pm or a 1pm-11:30pm, 6 days a week. I am not complaining because I am not a lazy asshole, and I like to be busy. So anywhosies, we could say by most standards, this schedule alone could be categorized as "busy." But there are things I will always make time for. Like true crime documentaries on my laptop. I usually start and end my day this way, sitting on the couch like a psychopath. Beauty treatments. I perform an elaborate facial 3-4 times a week with a substantial amount of time watching the facial in a mirror. This does not include my daily regimen or body treatments. I put lotion on my skin like the girl in the well who is about to get the hose again. I don't care if I am running late or not. Dry skin is sick, and one step away from not shaving your legs and growing a mustache. I also always make time for necessary household chores. This include making the bed daily. I think the day you stop making your bed is the day you should be killed. I mean, what's next, eating Arby's in the bathtub? Obviously.


I'm too busy to do the back of my hair.
Ok, so we all have the non-negotiables of what we will never be too busy for. But what about the things we let slide when our schedules fill up?  Easy. Baby showers, wedding showers, births, weddings. Combing the back of my hair. Wearing pants. Five minute work outs on the treadmill.  Eating. Anything hard. Anything boring. Things requiring an attention span...hey I gotta go, I'm busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment